About Howrah Municipal Corporation
Howrah Municipality was established in 1862 and the services to citizen through supply of filtered water started from 1896. During the year 1882-83, Bally Municipality was formed separating it out from Howrah Municipality. Howrah became a Municipal Corporation in 1984 by Howrah Municipal Corporation Act of 1980. The Corporation area is divided into 50 wards and these 50 wards are distributed among 7 Borough offices for ease of operation.